is one of the largest Asian food delivery chains in Ukraine. It is located in the cities with a population of more than a million, such as Kharkiv, Dnipro, and Odessa. Every day the company faces a delivery problem - how we can deliver more than 120 orders per hour on time and provide customers with a fast service of high quality.
80% of the success of delivery service depends on the Distance Matrix API. The other 20% of success is based on powerful software that analyzes data returned from the API. After the Distance Matrix API by Google doubled in price in 2018, its users began to look for a cheaper solution that was just as effective as the previous one.
966.ua tasked us with a way to determine the best routes for its couriers and optimize the company's business processes. Every month more than 500 000 requests have to be returned with data geolocation and the fastest routes between points. Thanks to the optimization of queries and a solution that was specifically customized to meet a business model of the suppliers, the Distance Matrix and 966.ua worked together to reduce delivery times by 25%.
Here is how we solved the problem and reached those numbers.